Well look at that! With 36 hours to spare, Risuko has crossed the dreaded Kickstarter 100% funding threshold. Risuko has truly become a flying squirrel!
Thank you so much to all of you who have pledged your support to the Kickstarter campaign — and especially to those of you who increased it, as well as those who’ve let their friends know! Every pledge counts, and I truly appreciate your help.
I’ve been thinking about stretch goals — incentives above and beyond the ones I’ve already offered — and I think I’ve come up with a good one: Continue reading Flying Squirrel: Risuko Kickstarter zooms past 100%!
You can reserve your copy of Risuko now plus much more — at a discount from the retail price — and help support the publication of this exciting new teen historical adventure novel!
Author David Kudler has launched a crowdfunding campaign to help make Risuko the best book it can possibly be.
While Risuko is nearly finished*, there’s still more we’d like to do, and we need your help. Reaching the funding goal will help create an attractive, exciting, historically and culturally accurate thrill-ride of a teen book.
Some things you’ll help make happen:
- Producing an audiobook
- Final fact-checking by a historian (support your local scholar!)
- Advance reviews (Yes, disgusting isn’t it? Some of the major sources of book reviews charge small publishers simply to be reviewed.)
- Inclusion in major catalogues, trade shows, etc.
- Thank-you gifts for the Risuko Beta Team (a group of phenomenal teens and adults who are helping me to polish the final book)
Back Risuko now, and please share this with your friends and followers!
* There’s an old saying in publishing: “Books are never finished, only abandoned.” There’s always more to do! That’s the great thing about a launch date — it forces the author and editors to stop tinkering and move on to the next book. 😉