Welcome to YA Scavenger Hunt! This is my first go-around with this bi-annual event, which was first organized by author Colleen Houck as a way to give readers a chance to gain access to exclusive bonus material from their favorite authors…and a chance to win some awesome prizes! At this hunt, you not only get access to exclusive content from each author, you also get a clue for the hunt. Add up the clues, and you can enter for our prize–one lucky winner will receive one book from each author on the hunt in my team! But play fast: this contest (and all the exclusive bonus material) will only be online for 72 hours!
Go to the YA Scavenger Hunt page to find out all about the hunt. There are SIX contests going on simultaneously, and you can enter one or all! I am a part of the GOLD TEAM–but there is also a red team, a gold team, an orange team, a red team, and an indie team for a chance to win a whole different set of books!
If you’d like to find out more about the hunt, see links to all the authors participating, and see the full list of prizes up for grabs, go to the YA Scavenger Hunt page.
I’m David Kudler, author of the YA historical adventure Risuko: A Kunoichi Tale, which follows a young, orphaned samurai girl who is recruited to become a kunoichi — an assassin, spy, and bodyguard.
COMING SEPTEMBER 2016
When Jude’s best friend is found dead in a swimming pool, her family calls it an accident. Her friends call it suicide. But Jude calls it what it is: murder. And someone has to pay.
Now everyone is a suspect—family and friends alike. And Jude is digging up the past like bones from a shallow grave. Anything to get closer to the truth. But that’s the thing about secrets. Once they start turning up, nothing is sacred. And Jude’s got a few skeletons of her own.
In a homage to the great noir stories of Los Angeles, award-winning author Sherri L. Smith’s Pasadena is a tale of love, damage and salvation set against the back drop of California’s City of Roses.”
Sherri L. Smith’s Playlist/Theme Music for Her Novel Pasadena:
1. Que Sera Sera – Pink Martini (Theme song)
2. Doll Parts – Hole
3. In the Hall of the Mountain King – Erasure
4. Personal Jesus – Depeche Mode
5. I’ll Follow You Into the Dark – Death Cab for Cutie
6. #1 Crush – Garbage
7. Baby Did a Bad Bad Thing aka “Dane’s Theme” by Chris Isaak
8. The Girl from Ipanema aka “Tallulah’s Theme” by Astrud Gilberto and Stan Gets
9. Brand New Colony aka “Eppie and Hank’s Song” by the Postal Service
10. Pictures of You aka “Lukey Liu’s Theme” by The Cure
11. All By Myself aka “Edina’s Song” by Celine Dion
12. Smoke Ring for My Halo aka “Malibu Song” by Kurt Vile
13. Wipeout aka “Theme for Blue House” by the Surfaris
14. In Your Eyes aka “Joey’s Love Theme” by Peter Gabriel
15. Plainsong aka “Funeral Day by The Cure
16. Nostalgia aka “By the Graveside” by Emily Barker and the Red Clay Halo
17. Que Sera Sera – Doris Day (Theme song reprisal)
(David Kudler here — and I think a playlist like this is a great idea. I’d have had a really hard time coming up with just the right songs for my book. I’d have thrown in at least 24!)
And don’t forget to enter the contest for a chance to win a ton of books by me, Sherri L. Smith, and more! To enter, you need to know my favorite number is hidden… just a bit above this paragraph. Add up all the favorite numbers of the authors on the gold team and you’ll have all the secret code to enter for the grand prize!
You should also add all of the YASH books to your Goodreads TBR list!