“White Robes” introduces Lady Mochizuke Chiyome, a recent war widow who is mired in grief. She has become tired of mourning, tired of wearing the white robes that are the traditional Japanese garb of the grieving. On the road, she encounters two young women who open her eyes to a whole new purpose in life — and a new way to end Japan’s century-old civil war.
There are six planned stories:
Kunoichi Companion Tales
- White Robes — Mired in her own grief, Lady Mochizuki Chiyome encounters two young women who give her a whole new, much more interesting opportunity (Pre-order White Robes from Amazon!)
- Silk & Service — A young Takeda warrior meets a servant who is much more than she seems (now available to subscribers!)
- Ghost — When Lady Chiyome receives a note from the shōgun, she finds that the messenger is much more intriguing than the message (coming soon)
- Shining Boy — Plucked off of the streets of the capital, an orphan girl tries to figure out what story she’s wandered into
- Blade — Toumi doesn’t want anyone messing with her business
- Little Brother — Returning to the monastery turns out to be as hard as leaving it was
Risuko news subscribers and Kickstarter backers get exclusive early access to the Kunoichi Companion Tales, a series of exciting prequel stories by Risuko author David Kudler that introduce characters and themes from the Seasons of the Sword novels!