Don’t want to miss the next one?
SIGN UP TODAY!
Get news, reviews, events, and exclusive free gifts!
Kunoichi Companion Tales introduce characters and themes from the Seasons of the Sword novels, and are currently available free exclusively to Risuko subscribers, along with news, blog posts, and other exclusive gifts!
To read the stories, subscribe now:
Kunoichi Companion Tales
This series of short stories, set before and between the novels of the Seasons of the Sword series, is available exclusively to our subscribers and to our Kickstarter supporters.
There are at least nine planned stories, each exploring the origins of Lady Chiyome’s army of “dangerous flowers”:
Kunoichi Companion Tales
- White Robes — Mired in her own grief, Lady Mochizuki Chiyome encounters two young women who give her a whole new, much more interesting opportunity (now available!)
- Silk & Service — A young Takeda warrior meets a servant who is much more than she seems (now available!)
- Waiting for Kuniko — Mieko is waiting at a rendezvous behind enemy lines. In the rain. Without a hat. The person who comes up the road is the last person she expected to encounter. (now available!)
- Wild Mushrooms — A Hōjō commander is delighted when two pretty young shrine maidens enter his camp on the evening before a battle. Perhaps he shouldn’t have been. (now available!)
- Ghost — At a banquet to celebrate a new alliance, Chiyome contemplates murder, and discovers a new servant (now available!)
- Schools for Talented Youngsters: Monthly Headmistresses’ Dinner — Three unique ladies get together once a month to share the joys and challenges involved teaching young ladies with very particular… talents. (Historical fantasy/crossover — now available!)
- Shining Boy — Plucked off of the streets of the capital, an orphan girl tries to figure out what story she’s wandered into (Coming soon!)
- Blade — Toumi doesn’t want anyone messing with her business (Coming soon!)
- Little Brother — Returning to the monastery turns out to be as hard as leaving it was (Coming soon!)
We are giving away three signed copies of Bright Eyes: A Kunoichi Tale on Goodreads! Sign up for your chance to win today!
Bright Eyes Kickstarter REACHES GOAL
Also, our Kickstarter campaign for Bright Eyes has reached it’s minimum funding goal! But we aren’t stopping there — we’re looking at stretch goals, add-ons, and special gifts. Guarantee yourself a copy of the sequel to the award-winning YA historical adventure novel Risuko today!
About Bright Eyes
Can One Girl Stop a Killer?
The future of Japan hangs in the balance, and it’s up to a girl who likes to climb to save the day
Two armies have descended on the Full Moon, and the war that has torn Japan apart for over a century threatens to destroy Lady Chiyome’s school for young shrine maidens (and assassins).
In this thrilling sequel to Risuko: A Kunoichi Tale, Risuko must face warlords, samurai, angry cooks, a monster in the hills, the truth about her father, a spy among the kunoichi…
And a murderer.
Someone kills a Takeda lieutenant, staging it to look like suicide. Can Risuko figure out who would do such thing?